VPN is a program that you can use in order to access the OSU network from home, just as if you were on-campus.
Once you have established a VPN connection by following instructions on this page you can find instructions on connecting to Cosine's Network drives here.
Windows and Mac OS X (Pre 10.6)
- Open a Web browser and type in the address bar: sds.oregonstate.edu
- Login using your ONID username and password.
- The Cisco VPN program will install on your computer and automatically configure itself.
- A dialog box will pop up saying you are connected to the OSU network. An icon will appear in the tray of the computer saying you are connected.
- If you disconnect from VPN and need to re-connect, use the following settings:
Server address: sds.oregonstate.edu
Use your ONID username and password to reconnect.
-- Note: For best compatibility use Firefox or Internet Explorer to connect to sds.oregonstate.edu
Mac OS X and iOS
- Currently, the documentation for integrated VPN cannot be posted publicly. A PDF version is available here (ONID authentication required).